Monday, May 2, 2011

Ten Ways to Stop smoking, And One That Works


Over the years I've tried often to give up smoking. On the way I've subjected myself to some of the 'recommended' techniques. If you are thinking about giving up, here are some ways not to go about it.



Try to cut down



This is the cowards way out - and you know it. "I'll just have one now, and no more till twelve o clock" you'll say. Then you'll hit a stress situation at ten-thirty and have two cigarettes to calm you down. However they don't count do they?



Use patches



I have listed an excuse to flash your body at people. You'll all get it done - lifting your shirt or blouse to show off your own "battle bandage". And you'll still need something to do with your hands, therefore you'll have a cigarette.



Use nicotine gum



You will need to masticate constantly to get any type of buzz. Your nicotine gums will hurt, your own jaw will pain, your mouth will taste like a stale ashtray and you will look like a cow. You will be better off having a cigarette.



Use hypnosis



Do you really want to stand on your head every time somebody states "cigarette"?



Use acupuncture



Someone you don't know will stick large needles into your body. In any sane society the specialist would be jailed for torture.



Try exercise



Within five minutes you'll be red faced, wheezing for breath and coughing up phlegm. Real exercise enthusiasts will look at a person with such pity that you'll need a cigarette.



Try isolation



Lock yourself away, talk to no one, avoid just about all social contact. You will be so bored you'll need a cigarette.



Try a cigarette substitute



Do this and you will find that everybody, and I do mean everyone, will ask you silly questions like "Are a person trying to give up smoking after that?" This will annoy you so much you'll need to have a cigarette.



Avoid situations where you will want a cigarette.



This is actually the standard method given out by all the 'experts.A It is also completely ineffective. Do you really want to quit coffee? Or booze? Or sex? Or watching television? Or waking up in the morning? See what I mean?



Try to be a non-smoker



You will find yourself telling smokers how great you are feeling, how smoking is a filthy disgusting habit, and how you'll never let a cigarette touch your lips. These will be lies, and everybody will know this. This lying will cause you so much tension that you'll need a smoke.



So what are you to complete? I'll let you know the only method that really works.



Stop buying cigarettes.



I've been nicotine free with regard to six years now.



Personally i think great. Smoking is really a filthy disgusting habit, and I'll by no means let another smoke touch my lips.



Article Source: articlemotron . com


No comments:

Post a Comment